We’re here to get your retirement back on track.

What if I have any questions during this process?

Simply telephone our office on 0114 263 0003. If one of our advisers who answers the phone can’t answer your question immediately, it will be referred to one of our Pensions Specialists. You can choose the time of day to receive a reply (up to 19:00 hr) if that is more convenient to yourself.

Where does my compensation go?

Your mis sold pension compensation can be paid directly to you by BACS or cheque, whichever is convenient for you.

How does United Claims get paid?

Once the compensation has been paid into our client account we deduct our fees of 15% + VAT. Read more on how we get paid.

Is that when I get paid?

Not usually. Assuming the firm does not accept your complaint, we submit a pension claim to a relevant body: typically the FOS or the FSCS. Both of these organisations attempt to deal with claims as quickly as possible but they invariably have a backlog and so you should allow up to 24 months for this stage.

How long does the whole process take?

Replies to enquiries can take up to six weeks. Then the firm against who we make a complaint and claim can take up to another eight weeks to respond, making this part of the process a maximum of three to four months. However, our experience is that firms against whom we make the claim usually take a lot less time: perhaps no more than two months in total.

Could I make a claim myself, without your assistance (or the assistance of any other claims firm)?

Yes, you can. You could formulate a claim directly to the adviser or SIPP provider or to either the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).”